Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
I got 14 bills the other day from Spectrum Labratories, all for the same type of test, but on different dates. Some were dating back to 2007. I called them to see why I got all these bills(since my insurance) was supposed to have paid them. They said they don't know, but they did file. So I got on the phone to talk to someone at the insurance company about it and they told me, after much frustration, the reason they were denied was because it was billed through Triad Laboratories and not Spectrum Labs. They are THE ONE AND THE SAME COMPANY!! They told me to tell Spectrum to re-submit and they would review them. What a crock.

I told that story because most all you all know I am a disable veteran. And guess what insurance it was? It was my very own Veteran's administration that did this. Tell me how the "Public Option" is going to help when the veteran's administration refuses to pay a medical bill for a totally 100% disabled veteran?

I might add that these tests were ordered by a Doctor who is employed by the veteran's administration and supposed to be my "gate-keeper" to specialized medical care.

If the veteran's administration does this, then how long will it be before Medicare starts. My understanding is that this happens all the time with the private sector.
Also got a bill from Spectrum this past week that my PRIVATE insurance should have paid but did not. Not sure what is going on with them? Until I get a lot more info they aren't getting any money from me.

Almost sounds like Spectrum is trying to run a double payment scam.